Thursday, May 19, 2011

My Very First Blog

So this is my first foray into the blogging world. My idea is to blog about things that excite me, upset me, ideas I have, and my own little world over here in California. But who knows, we'll see how it all turns out.

But what great timing! I have exciting news for my first post. I am currently a lawyer (attorney) in New Zealand, and in the United Kingdom and I just passed the bar exam in California so I can be an attorney over here now. It was a huge accomplishment and meant:
  1. 2 months off work
  2. Study. Study. Study. Study.
  3. 8 - 12 hours/day of it. 7 days a week.
  4. For 8 weeks.
  5. An amazing husband who did all the cooking/shopping/cat taking to vet/cleaning/washing for that time.
  6. 18 hours of exams. Over 3 days.
  7. 6 essays. 2 performance tests. 200 multi-choice questions.
  8. A gas leak during the exam. And horrible LA traffic.
  9. Logging onto the website at 6pm on Friday May 13 (what a day to pick huh?) to see this:

It was the highlight of my month, no make that year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment